What's up racers!
GRIP's gotten a few updates since launch last week on Steam, and we wanted to give you a list of the changes/fixes/improvements:
- Updated laps and kills achievements to be more attainable (we can't math)
- Crash bug fix for saving player progress state when playing in split-screen.
- Steam avatars are now displayed correctly in many places within the MP UI.
- Game Browser screen has been improved in terms of layout and interactivity.
- Multiplayer lobby has been improved in terms of layout and interactivity.
- Multiplayer spectator lobby has been improved in terms of layout and interactivity.
- Bug fix for 3 or more players the garage where you can now all specify your vehicles (ongoing fixes).
- Optional (see Game options) instantaneous look back / side when using the keyboard or assigned buttons.
- Bot vehicles now matched against the player's progress level so you won’t be pitted against top-end vehicles when your XP level is low.
- Spectators leaving MP games no longer reported in the HUD feed.
- Bug fix for illegitimately attaining achievements when spectating a MP game.
- Best lap times no longer recorded on leaderboards if they were achieved with catchup assistance.
- Hit points for all vehicles now standardised, with arena game modes having less than race game modes to help increase the kill frequency.
- Fixed Jahtra arena lighting.
- Bug fix for MP game auto-start sometimes not kicking in.
- Bug fix for MP game auto-start not aborting when appropriate.
- Bug fix for occasional MP server exceptions related to player death and respawn.
- Bug fix for the handling of apostrophes in capitalised text.
- Bug fix for custom music occasionally playing over the top of stock music.
- Bug fix for displaying the Best Damage Received statistic in the post-race statistics.
- Bug fix for the unwanted Purchase popup in the garage.
- Event progress bar now calculated more accurately at the end of game when the countdown begins in network games.
- Bug fixes to prevent bad data entering the leaderboards.
- Bug fixes for detecting the "I did it my way" achievement.
- Bug fix in moving the player stats / game info panel to the left a bit to prevent it blurring with the moving machines
- Improved the rendering, speed and usability of the leaderboard screen.
- Bug fix for resetting new player’s data twice instead of just once.
- Changed Kill / Death ratio to use a higher rendered range to try and separate players on the leaderboards.
- Changed the tournament presets layout screen to match the layout of the garage presets screen which aided in foreign translation rendering.
- Various other panel layout changes to accommodate foreign translations.
- Fixed Vintek DLC link.
- Improved the rendering of all character icons so we can see them more clearly in the UI.
- Bug fix for wiping vehicle customisations along with the player's progress data for launch day.
Quite the list, right?
We're focusing on AI and the catch-up system for the next update. The aim is to make AI drivers more competitive and remove the negative aspects of the catch-up system, making it much less intrusive (if it's enabled). The result should be more balanced and fun races. Players can choose not to even use catch-up and still be able to have a competitive race. That said, results may vary online, as real players can be a handful
We're happy to see so many people having fun with the game! If you're itching for some multiplayer action, be sure to jump onto our Discord as it's a great place to connect with other players. There's even a list on the right side indicating which members are playing GRIP at any given moment.
We hope you'll enjoy what's coming next with GRIP. We've got a bunch of DLC planned including FREE racetracks!